When purchasing a home, you are faced with a multitude of decisions - the primary one is whether you are actually prepared to purchase a home. Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Although, once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with the required effort towards your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, Dee Hnatko can help make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. She will use her years of experience to help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
The First Step - Ask Yourself Why
Your first step to buying a home is to first ask yourself "Why do I want to buy a home?"
- Is it to stop paying rent?
- To start building equity?
- To have a place of your own?
- To raise a family?
- To move up to a bigger house?
Next, ask yourself "What kind of home would I like and where would I like it to be?"
Be specific. Separate the "must haves" from the "want to haves." Think of yourself as zeroing in on a target, going from the general to the specific.
- Area: Where do you want to live? Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, Anmore, Burnaby, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Vancouver, Surrey, Richmond etc.
- Neighborhood: Older and settled or sparkling new? A Particular school zone? Are recreational facilities and other community services such as transportation, day care, library, stores, entertainment important?
- Commute: How many minutes you are willing to commute to work?
- Style of Home, Size & Property: How much space do you need? Does your situation require a one-level home, or are stairs acceptable? Do you want a newer home, or maybe an older one to fix up?
- Length of Ownership: Someday you or your heirs will want to sell this home. Do you plan on keeping this home forever, or do you want to move again in the near future? Consider how long you expect to live in this particular home, and neighborhood trends and resale value.
The Second Step - Loan Pre-Qualification
Once you have addressed the above needs, your next step in the purchasing process is to get pre-qualified for a mortgage. This can be done over the phone or in person and often in a matter of minutes.
Blake Stewart is a Mortgage Advisor for CIBC, and one that comes highly recommended. Using her knowledge and expertise Blake Stewart can help you in successfully acquiring loan approval for the home of your dreams. Blake can be contacted at anytime and would be more then happy to answer any questions that you may have, 604-365-7365.
The Final Step - Searching For Your New Home
Once you've been pre-qualified and you know what price range you want to stay in, Dee Hnatko can help you determine which properties fit your needs using her knowledge of the BC Market and the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them.
Dee Hnatko has been equipped with the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications.
Dee Hnatko's Promise: "I Will Help You At Every Step Along The Way"
Whether you are new to the Real-Estate world or a seasoned veteran, Dee Hnatko promises to help you at every step along the way - From helping you with home staging, loan-prequalification and finding the home of your dreams, to completion of your financing, inspections, and closing of the Real Estate transaction. Her top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
Remember, when you work with Dee Hnatko…You Better Get Packing!